Monday 6 September 2010

John to leave the Velocast .....

Bollocks...

I'm sorry I can't think of anything more witty to say but these are my first thoughts. I am truly gutted. In a world of American voices the Velocast came out of the wilderness from the country that brought  you the modern bicycle and it seems fit the best Podcast.

Maybe as an industry it's our fault as the old formats of advertizing are fading away as they fail to engage the readers and the smart money should move to the listeners. Maybe they are too ahead of their time as with some good solid advertizing behind them John and Scott could have added a pay check to their already full time status. All I know that is in life we have to make choices and I understand the challenges that have faced John.

What will Scott do. Well although I think that the interllectual banter, with a good mix of pub humour was a great mix between two people who clearly know each other well will be difficult to replecate, unless all of Scott's mates are like John! I hope he continues, but he will lose no respect of mine if he doesn't. Many people spend their whole life trying to do what he (and John) have acheived over the last 18 months, CHAPEAU (that's for Cycling Weekly, as they can't spell it)

Tonight feels like the ens of Seinfeld, or when the Tour finishes and you wonder what the hell you wil do tomorrow. I wish them both the best, and as the road rises up to greet them I hope it is a long and winding road filled with good memories and tales to be told.

I'd like to say thanks, they made me laugh, question the way I think and have kept me company on trips around the country and world, cheers Guys I owe you a beer.

Posted via email from Sprinting for Signs's posterous

No comments: