Sunday 19 September 2010

Fabian Cancellara to leave Saxo Bank ....

.... well this is the current rumour hitting the peloton. He's acheived a lot under Riis and no doubt some of his victories would not have happended without his guiding hand. He's been at Saxo (CSC before it) for some time and so like many things all chapters require a full stop.

This will be chapter 5 for him. Chapter 1, none Pro. Chapter 2, Mapei. Chapter 3, Fasso and Chapter 4 the Riis years. So Fabian is off to ................................................. well, I can't tell you as yet but I do know. It will be a change for sure and I hope he's made the right decision. As soon as I get a Green light I'll tell you.

So after what has been a pretty exciting year in cycle racing, it looks like we are in for another really interesting year ahead. As the sport slowly becomes cleaner and in the UK appreciated on  a wider level, all is looking good.

p.s. don't ask me where he's going on Twitter, soon as I can say something it'll be on here.

Posted via email from Sprinting for Signs's posterous

No comments: