Sunday 18 April 2010

Amstel Gold Pro Race

I watched a bit of this while cooking lunch, from roughly 80km to go. I was keeping up with it until around 30km to go and then we decided that we'd have some frisby and kite time. This proved to be a great time. I got a text from Belgian saying 'I told you so'. A couple of texts more and I had found out that Gilbert had won.
 


I like the bit at 6:43 where Ivanov goes. He looks pretty cool in his national jersey and matching bike. Gilbert, climbing out of the saddle, responds at 7:22, the chase is on. On the second clip we rejoin the race with 7km to go. Klobnev is off the front with an Elite small chasing group of Gilbert, Cunego, Schleck (F) and Ivanov.



I am so pleased for Phillipe Gilbert. So often he has been the strongest in the race but a lack of paitence has betrayed his chances of the win. Today he didn't panic and waited and finally made the decisive attack. This takes a bit of pressure in the Lotto camp.

1. Phillippe Gilbert
2. Ryder Hesjedal
3. Enrico Gasparotto

No comments: