Tuesday 2 March 2010

Tuesday lamentations - chewing the fat

A part of my job is that I get to speak to people from all over the world and from all parts of the bike industry. Those who I find refreshing are those who speak the truth and cut through all the bullshit that can surround the process. Today was a good day in that I had one of my favourite reps in. He has a passion for cycling which is unbound as it is filled with joy. He's also super professional which makes my job easier and a lot more pleasureable to deal with. I wish all where like him, the Bike Industry would be a much richer (not finachially) place if that was the case.

We also had a couple of journalists in today. We talked and chewed the fat over the new things we had looming. But the real gem of a thought was in 'Quality over Quantity' in the writing department. I'd like to say that was my process between writing infrequently, but in reality it is mainly due to being busy with work, family and life. Whether what I write is qaulity, well that is really not for me to decide, but its your call not mine.

Tuesday has been traditionally my pain day. Normally Sundays ride doesn't surface in my legs till then, and that dull nagging pain stays with me all day. Wednesday comes around and I'm flying again, the legs recharged from the weekends effort. Rest, after all, is just as important as the ride itself.

No comments: