Friday 22 April 2011

The Smile List, April

These are a few things that are making me smile at the moment. Some of these are cycling related, but not completely. So here's whats made the list.

Castelli-velocissimo-bib-11-zoom
The Velocissimo Bibshort sits in the middle of Castelli's range, but by no means does this reflect in the comfort or quality of the short. The Giro++ leg grippers and just heavenly due to how thin the material is. Stretchy let supportive they offer hours of comfort and seem able to cope with a wide range of thigh sizes. Because of the width of the band it doesn't dig in, which is a bonus. The pad is the Kiss 3 which is super comfy as I first used this at the Castelli 24 last year. It's pretty minimal but don't let that fool you, it's supportive were you need it to be. The Fabric, just works and transfers moisture really well and i find it difficult not to stroke it while I'm wearing it, it's so soft and smooth. 

 

Organic_oat_cakes
I've been a big fan of oatcakes for years and this is the brand (Nairns) I trust. I like the fact they have some options like the Cheese or Pumpkin and Herb ones as I tend to eat these plain at my desk in the week while drinking water. I've carried them on long rides also, just to break up the sweet fest of Gels, bars and drinks.

051731
Spring has sprung and with the constant temperatures it feels like early summer. I suppose May is just round the corner, it just feels a little unexpected that's all. I love this time of the year as it's the first chance of getting my beloved Birkenstock's on. I always forget how comfy they are comapred to 'normal' shoes. I keep meaning to buy a set of London's as they'd be perfect for when I need to be smart but still want to leave my feet in comfy heaven.

.

066191

I got to ride the Pave of Roubaix. I'm not going to say loads as I really need to get round to writing up my thoughts from the weekend. It was pretty special so I won't go on about it here apart from it was a great weekend and it made me smile.

And finally, the product which has lifted me out of exhaustion is the Torq Ribose product. You can read more about it http://www.torqfitness.co.uk/nutrition/torq-raw . I know it works for me, I've used it before, and sometimes with trying lots of stuff I forget how good certain things are.

Ribose_200
As I need to shift some kilo's I'm going to try some of the Carnitine as it's meant to help with reducing body fat, prolong endurance and increase aerobic power. Of course this doesn't come cheap but I've been impressed how efective the raw products work. Reading through the bumf on the various products I could see myself buying more of these. If you bought all four you'd have a highly effective recovery product which is Vegan, anyhow I digress.

 

So these are the things that have made me smile in April.

Posted via email from Sprinting for Signs's posterous

No comments: